Usually, I either can’t, or won’t, complete books like Gabriel Tallent’s, debut novel, My Absolute Darling. It’s a gripping, exhausting, page-turner about a fourteen year-old nicknamed Turtle who lives in an isolated, but stunningly beautiful location along the Northern California seacoast. Turtle lives with her father Martin, a psychological, sexual, and sadistic abuser. Tallent’s luminous […]
- The NY Times Headline on September 12, 2001
- A Book Discussion and Slide Show on These Boys Are Killing Me, at Innsbrook, a Lake Community in Warren County, MO
- *****Book Review: Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand
- Ever Walk in the Rain With Your Children?
- How I Came to Write THESE BOYS ARE KILLING ME, a Memoir About Extreme Travel